Welcome to the first of our Back to School Series!
We will be featuring a special Meet the Principal post, information about STEM/STEAM, discounts for teachers and more! Today, we are talking about back to school discounts, school lunches, this weekend's tax holiday in Virginia and some cool school supplies!
Ready for school and all of those packed lunches? If you're anything like me, the first week or so is quite fun and invigorating and THEN reality sets in. We loved this tip from Lauri Stewart. Her children will get to pack their own lunches, by choosing from the various bins that are prepared ahead of time, brilliant!
Bin 1 - popcorn, veggie straws, etc (1 choice)
Bin 2 - goldfish, rice and ritz crackers (1 choice)
Bin 3 - fruit snacks, veggie bars (1 choice)
Bin 4 - fruit cups and apple sauce, fresh fruit (1 choice)
Bin 5 - cheese strings, yogurt tubes (2 choices)
Bin 6 - Meat and Protein (2 choices)
Bin 7 - granola bars, banana muffins, cookies (1 choice)
Back to School Night, tips and tricks:
If you will soon be attending a back to school night, be sure to bring along something to help keep your kiddos busy and entertained! Here is a comprehensive list of all Loudoun County Back to School Nights.
Discounts and Super Cool Supplies:
How COOL is this pencil case, called appropriately The Big Pencil Case created by Designed BY the Student. Our family was chosen to review the product and boy, is it a great product!
* * *
August 7-9 is Virginia Sales Tax Holiday! Here is the list of the allowable items, HAPPY SHOPPING!
School Supplies, Clothing, and Footwear:
- Qualified school supplies - $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear - $100 or less per item
- Detailed list of school supplies, clothing and footwear
Hurricane and Emergency Preparedness Items:
- Portable generators - $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws - $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories - $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items with a sales price of $60 or less per item
- Detailed list of hurricane preparedness items
Energy Star and WaterSense Items:
Qualifying items carrying either the Energy Star or WaterSense label with a sales price of $2,500 or less purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
- Qualifying Energy Star items include dishwashers, clothes washers, air conditioners, ceiling fans, light bulbs, dehumidifiers, and refrigerators
- Qualifying WaterSense items include bathroom sink faucets, faucet accessories such as aerators and shower heads, toilets, urinals, and landscape irrigation controllers
- Detailed list of Energy Star and WaterSense items
* * *
Last, but not least, if you'd like to participate in the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce "Rally For Our Kids", here is some great information for you!
If you are, or know, a teacher or educator in the Northern Virginia area, allow us to say thank you for your time, commitment and service to our communities by giving you 25% of our commission back at the time of buying or selling a home!