"Do I need a real estate agent to rent a home or apartment?"
We get asked this question quite frequently and while the answer depends on who you ask, the 8th & Home team says YES!
1. Why spend YOUR precious time trolling the internet, Craigslist and FB groups to find the perfect home for you and your family, when a Realtor© can do that work for you!
2. When you engage the services of a Realtor©, you receive a trusted advocate who is on your side to negotiate the monthly lease price, as well as ensure that the home is in a great condition upon move-in.
3. Whether you are moving from out-of-state, or out-of-country, having a Realtor© on your side when renting can come in handy for many purposes, including providing video showings if you are unavailable to tour personally. Additionally, your Realtor© can ease the stresses of moving day by providing trusted vendors and assisting with the key handover and walkthrough.
4. Not all landlords are telling the truth about their own financial situation, whether their property is in distress or they plan to sell in the near future. Utilizing a Realtor© can assist you in learning as much information as possible before you sign on the dotted line.
5. When it comes time to fill out your application, often a Realtor© can save you time and effort because of their understanding of various application systems (as more and landlords utilize online processes) as well as potentially save you in application fees when the landlord is reviewing more than one application.
The 8th & Home team is ready to assist with your rental needs! Not every real estate agent is willing to work with rental clients, but we happen to love that process! We assist our rental clients in the same way we work with buyers and welcome the opportunity to serve you and your family.
Ready to begin YOUR search for your new home? Click here to view all rentals currently on the market!